Tuesday, November 14, 2006

A Day In My Dreams

By: Shereen Akram Odeh Amarin 2005

I wake up with breakfast in bed
There's pancakes and well toasted bread
The sun rises to color the sky so red
As my roommate wishes me a bright day ahead

I go into my walking closet to choose
Millions of tops and skirts as I cruise
I feel like putting on my jeans and my comfy white shoes
But it hits my head I have a trial and I can't afford to lose

So I put on my lucky black tight dress to win the deals
and my tiny scarlet scarf as silky as it feels
Finally, my killing hot red high heels
My look is breathtaking, just count the eyes it steals

I sit in my office, drinking coffee, drawing my fashion designs
Suddenly, I have a flash back when I was a child following the signs
Here i am now, my dream accomplished, no one to draw the lines
I smile to the sky, and right back at me, the sun shines

My boss calls for a meeting and starts bragging about my work
He decides to send me on a trip to design in New York
Then my own plane flies me all the way to Florence
Rest in Venice, then continue to my dream city Paris

I'm so excited about this trip, the my cellphone rings
My lawyer reminds me of the most important among all things

My trial's in half an hour, I don't if i'm thrilled
to meet my very hot lawyer, win the case or be killed

As usual, he wins the trial in fifteen minutes, he's great
I know who to choose, he's the best in the state
Then he uses his victory in the court as a bate
As he wickedly asks me out on a date

Dinner on the beach, on the candle light
We dance under the stars until midnight

Then he drops me off to the radio station
My office has the best view in the best location
L.A lights in the night is a real temptation
I'm on air, superstar gossip, music information

My lemo's driving me back home, I'm sippin' on some red wine
My roomy's happy, she tells me about her day, I tell her about mine
It was a long long busy day, but everything turned fine
Going through each day is human, but how I reached this is devine

No comments: