Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Holiday 3000

It might be on Pluto, it might be on mars
Would it stay on earth? Or would it reach the stars?
***********
We'll not be waking up on the noise the clock makes
But on the creepy sound of volcanoes and earthquakes
Our breakfast will include burnt coffee and beef cakes
And later, we'll be swimming in hot lava lakes
***********
We'll be taking our tans on the surface of the sun
Getting toasted with burnt hair is not much fun
***********
In the evening we'll gather with aliens and a little yucky snack
With a new upgraded squeaky sound singing bird band
It'll be one of the days to wish the Beatles were back
And if only I was watching TV with a yummy big Mac
***********
Next day, my friend sets me up with a blind date
My hair is not coming down cos of the non-gravity state
But then it turns out my date is a freaky looking thing
I spent all the evening wishing he doesn't sting
***********
In the night I discover there's a machine to what to dream
I want to know how a 1000 years ago holiday would seem
It has the blue sea, the blue sky, seems like a new birth
It's familiar, I love it! I want to go back to earth
Shereen Amarin

No comments: